Friday, January 18, 2008

The Nursery


Last night, after several sleepless nights, I thought I would try an experiment, putting Alex to sleep in his own room. I figured we spent a lot of time putting his room together and have a perfectly good crib, so we might as well get some use out of it. Now I am kicking myself for not doing this earlier. While he still woke up every 2 or 3 hours, he managed to get back to sleep after each feeding. I just need to figure out how to not focus on every noise I hear through the monitor so I can sleep but that will come with time.

1 comment:

Carolyn & Adrian said...

Try not using the monitor. Since your bedroom is on the same floor as his you should be able to hear him when he's awake and needs you. This was suggested to me by a nurse practitioner I know.