Friday, February 1, 2008

Tough Life


As you can see from the picture above, Alex has a real tough life. In between his many naps he takes during the day he spends a few hours eating and a few hours staring at me or sitting in his bouncer, which is his favorite activity. Today was a real boring day for Alex and mom, particularly because mom was just being lazy and didn't want to leave the house.

We are hosting a super bowl party at our house so I spent all day thinking about all the food I wanted to make, but in the end I know I will end up running to the store and buying pre-made food. Although Alex does sleep a lot it tends to not be in long stretches, so cooking anything that takes a lot of preparation is not that easy. I made a 30-minute meal the other day from Rachel Ray's cookbook and I think it took me about an hour and a half when all was said and done. Oh well, we still have plenty of things in our freezer that don't require much effort.

-Jess

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Ah, yes. Those were the days.

Sara said...

maybe its just an illusion, but it looks like his little legs go to the end of his jump suit now! He looks great, and I am really looking forward to seeing you both on Monday!