Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sunshine at last!

We have been enjoying a few days of sunshine, so I thought Alex was in need of some cool shades. Whenever I am driving the sun always seems to find him (even with those shades up on the window) so the sunglasses were a nice fix and he doesn't seem to mind wearing them.


Tomorrow is his 3 month birthday and the time has just flown by. I still have one month off of work but I am already dreading his first day of daycare. We went for a visit on Friday, and while it was perfectly nice, it just made me sad. I am going to miss too many smiles and laughs, which he did for the first time this weekend. Not to mention that I am really starting to enjoy not working.

On a non-Alex note, we are thankful that Rob survived the layoffs last week. Last Thursday they let go of several Starbucks corporate employees, including a few in Rob's group. It would be just our luck that Rob loses his job and with that we lose our spot in the daycare, but all is well and he is still employed.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Phew, that would suck! Did he get sent to coffee re-education camp?

Like the shades, cute picture!

Anonymous said...

Love the shades on Alex. Wish we were closer so we could spoil him directly. Mazel Tov to Rob! Keep up the great work. Alex looks like such a happy baby! Aunt Sherrie & Uncle Les