Saturday, December 1, 2007

Baby Hercules

There are lots of exciting things going on in this post, most of which is only exciting to Alex's parents. First of all, we had our post partum appointment and Alex is doing great. He's now only 5 lbs even, but that is acceptable weight loss. We learned that he not only eats well, but he guzzles. Jess is doing well also. She's a bit uncomfortable, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Tummy Time is very important we've learned for a baby to develop their neck muscles. This is important to me because I become much less scared of a baby that can hold its head up. Turns out that Alex's neck was borrowed from superman. On day 2 I was able to put him on my chest and he can basically hold his head off my chest as long as he wants. Good job Alex. While this is a positive, it does make it harder to feed because he can turn his head away and hold it that way with pretty incredible strength.

Also because Alex only weighs 5 lbs, nothing we have fits him. Below is our first picture of Alex in an outfit. This is a very cute preemie outfit that his grandparents bought him. You'll notice that he still swims in it as his foot is sticking out where his leg is supposed to be.

Sampson Update: Sampson is getting so much better. He has gotten used to Alex and doesn't have to be all over him constantly. The only problem is that Sampson doesn't quite understand that he weighs 65 more pounds than Alex. He has always like to rest his chin on things like people and couches. In the picture below he decided to rest his head on Alex (all of him). Alex slept through the ordeal like a champ.



1 comment:

Lauren said...

Cute! I bet Sammy doesn't get that close once Alex figures out how to grab things (like ears)! I'm glad to hear you're all doing well, I was a little alarmed to hear Alex had made an early appearance, but it seems he was quite ready. I hope I look that good after L & D!